Welcome to the third installment of Soluna’s #AMA series.
On March 25, 2022, ERCOT issued a notice regarding a new interim large load interconnection process that was effective immediately. The process applies to load interconnection requests — usually large, flexible loads with accelerated timelines, such as crypto-miners — that have not been modeled and studied in a completed ERCOT planning assessment (e.g., regional transmission plan, full interconnection study, or regional planning group review).
The interim process applies to new loads as follows:
- New loads not co-located with a resource with total demand within the next two years of 75 MW or greater;
- New loads co-located with a resource with total demand within the next two years of 20 MW or greater;
Key aspects of the Interim Review Process are:
- Submission of multiple studies to ERCOT for the new load.
- Submission of a net metering design proposal to ERCOT.
- Update ERCOT Resource Integration and Ongoing Operations Interconnection Services (RIOO IS).
Have a question? Ask us anything.